The more I use Physicians Formula’s products, the more in love I fall. They’re multi-tasking quality products that keep price point in mind. This past year has found me fawning over their Shimmer Strips bronzer-blush-shadow palette (it’s amazing for sculpting and adding a little depth — their makeup artist Joanna Schlip says she can’t live without it!), their talc-free Mineral Wear pink correcting primer, and Eye Booster 2-in-1 boosting eyeliner + serum. Now, for the first time, the 74-year-old company is diving right into cosmecetical skincare which I’m predicting will be a game-changer in the “affordable skincare” category. Keeping their mantra to non-irritating, derm-tested products close, they’re come out with three mini-collections that address specific concerns: Aging, Moisture Balance, and Sensitivity & Redness.
MOISTURE BALANCE LINE:
*A panel of women saw a 52% increase in skin hydration in 2 weeks
*100% showed increased skin hydration instantly
*81% saw more radiant skin in two weeks
*88% saw younger-looking, firmer, more balanced skin instantly
Physicians Formula Moisture Balancing line
OVERVIEW OF THE PRODUCTS:
Hydrating & Balancing Cleanser
– a foaming cleanser that removes oil and pore-clogging impurities
Hydrating & Balancing Moisturizer with SPF 15
– an oil-free moisturizer that replenishes skin hydration and eliminates flakiness and tightness instantly. Lightweight, non-greasy formula helps repair skin’s natural moisture barrier for more balanced skin long-term.
Hydrating Eye Cream
: Nutrient rich eye cream provides instant moisture, in a lightweight gel-cream formula. Diminishes the appearance of dark circles, fine lines, and puffiness.
Ultra-Hydrating Day & Night Cream
- Replenishes skin’s moisture balance and provides an extra boost of moisture day or night. Soothes even the driest skin to improve tone and texture leaving skin soft, smooth and hydrating.
Just a note, I have been using the Day & Night Cream, and I wake up with my skin feeling like silk. I couldn’t stop feeling my face the next day! I’ve never been a huge fan of foaming washes, just because my skin needs a little more give (like gel or cream based cleansers), but the cream here is probably my favorite of the bunch.
REDNESS RELIEF LINE:
*100% felt their skin was soothed and more comfortable instantly
*100% saw healthier skin instantly
*92% felt less irritation instantly
*92% saw a reduction in inflammation, dryness and flakiness in 2 weeks
Physicians Formula Redness Relief line
OVERVIEW OF THE PRODUCTS:
Redness Relief Cleanser
- Ultra-gentle, lightweight cream cleanser melts away impurities without stripped skin of its essential moisture. Provides immediate relief to red and irritated skin, leaving it clean and comforted.
Instant Skin Calming Spray
- Lightweight mist provides instant soothing relief to dehydrated skin while reducing irritation on contact.
Redness Relief Moisturizer
– Extra-gentle, oil-free lightweight moisturizer instantly helps relieve redness and irritation, while providing all-day hydration. Restorative moisturizer soothes dry, itchy and flakey skin, while helping to strengthen and recondition it.
Redness Correcting Moisturizer
– Extra-gentle, oil-free lightweight moisturizer instantly relieve redness and irritation, while providing all day hydration. Correcting green tint delivers a sheer wash of color to instantly neutralize redness.
*100% felt skin looked firmer, smoother and more radiant instantly and long-term
*89% saw less fine lines instantly
*89% saw an improvement in their skin texture after 2 weeks
*71% saw less deep wrinkles in 4 weeks
Physicians Formula Anti-Aging line
OVERVIEW OF THE PRODUCTS:
Wrinkle Corrector & Firming Cleanser
- Rich cream cleanser effectively removes makeup and impurities while smoothing, firming and protecting skin’s moisture barrier. Leaves complexion clean, smooth and moisturized
Wrinkle Correcting & Firming Moisturizer
- (with Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Hydrolyzed Pea Peptide Blend, and Lifting Fruit Acid Blend) Potent moisturizer instantly enhances skin’s firmness, hydration and radiance. SPF 15 protects against UVA/UVB rays. Improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for an overall smoothing effect.
Firming & Lifting Booster
- Skin firming serum improves the appearance of fine lines and medium to deep wrinkles.
Dark Spot Corrector & Skin Brightener
-(with Phytonutrient and Soy Isoflavone Complex to reduce the appearance of dark spots without affecting the surrounding skin) Potent serum targets signs of uneven skin tone and helps address evident sun damage, dark spots, and dark patches and skin stresses. Antioxidant formula can inhibit the appearance of uneven pigment formation, keeping skin looking brighter and more uniform in tone.
Deep Wrinkle Corrector Day & Night Cream
- (with Laminaria Algae Complex) Ultra-rich cream enhances skin’s cycle of repair, encouraging healthy cell renewal to reveal younger looking skin. Helps improve moisture barrier, strengthen skin and protect collagen.
Intensive Wrinkle Corrector Eye Cream
- Potent cream targets the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in the eye area. Moisturizing formula boosts elasticity and firmness to improve the appearance of crow’s feet and puffiness. Illuminating properties improve the appearance of dark circles.
How much would you think products that claim this many benefits would retail for? I was shocked to find each product only costs $10-$19, and are available at Wal-Mart nationwide. Would you try any of them? Do they address your skin concerns, or is there something missing? Fingers-crossed they come out with a acne-spot treatment!
“Like” Beauty and the Feast on Facebook
Follow Beauty and the Feast on Twitter